The past 2 weeks I've had on/off pain on my left chest by my 1-2nd rib and under my breast. Quick stabbing/pressure pain. I have pain in my upper back same spot. Could this be from a herniated disk?

Dr. Atif Haque
Neurosurgery

In brief: Herniated disc

Though not one of the more common presentations for a herniated disc, chest pain can be caused by a herniated disc.
Cardiopulmonary problems are much more common (and serious) and need to be ruled out first.

In brief: Herniated disc

Dr. Atif Haque
Dr. Atif Haque
Dr. Herbert Duvivier
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Probably not

Nerve damage from a herniated disk should be constant and burning/tingling in nature with or without strength changes.
Best to speak with your primary and see if you need a referral to orthopedics for evaluation of possible thoracic outlet syndrome.

In brief: Probably not

Dr. Herbert Duvivier
Dr. Herbert Duvivier
Dr. Ipe Kalathoor

In brief: Pain

Could be, sometimes shingles presents like this.
The skin lesions appear later. Either way you need to be seen by a doctor.

In brief: Pain

Dr. Ipe Kalathoor
Dr. Ipe Kalathoor
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham