I feel dull achy pain in sole of my left foot at the distal metatarsal areas which worsens when i stand or walk?

In brief: Foot pain

The most common causes for pain under the ball of the foot, under the metatarsal heads, are neuromas or capsulitis, which is inflammation of the joint that attaches the toe to the metatarsal.

In brief: Foot pain

Dr. Michelle Achor
Dr. Michelle Achor

In brief: Metatarsalgia vs.

Hi-- so it is highly likely you have metatarsalgia vs.
Neuroma. Look up symptoms of both but my delineating condition is if shoes make it worse or better. If worse, then likely neuroma. If metatarsalgia, get a good otc insert that goes to your toes and make sure it has enough padding near the ball of your foot. However, possible stress fracture so it might be good to have doc look at it.

In brief: Metatarsalgia vs.

Dr. Amy Duckworth
Dr. Amy Duckworth
Dr. Vadim Glukh
Orthopedic Surgery - Foot & Ankle

In brief: Several causes?

Possibly due to the plantar fasciitis, arthritis, improper foot bone architecture, excessive pronation - to name just a few.

In brief: Several causes?

Dr. Vadim Glukh
Dr. Vadim Glukh
Dr. Marsha Davis