Should I get lasik eye surgery to correct my nearsightedness at age 18?

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology

In brief: You can

You certainly do not have to have lasik to improve your vision, but by 18 you become a candidate for the procedure (assuming that your prescription has not been changing significantly and there are no other issues related to your eyes).
If you would like to know whether you can take advantage of laser eye surgery, visit an ophthalmologist who specializes in lasik for a (often) free consult.

In brief: You can

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: Depends

At age 18, many patients have prescriptions that have not stabilized.
If your prescription is stable, you could consider moving forward with laser vision correction.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Arnon Rubin