How long will it take an to recover from inguinal hernia surgery and start running again?

Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery
In brief: Weeks
Return to exercise after hernia repair is dependent on the health of the patient, method of hernia repair, and extent of surgery.
Following laparoscopic hernia repair, my patients are instructed to begin aerobic exercise whenever they feel well enough. Many will be fast-walking on a treadmill or elliptical within a week, running outdoors in 2-3 weeks, and back to pre-surgical fitness in 4-6 weeks.

In brief: Weeks
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Rafael Lugo
Surgery
In brief: Personal
I tell my patients that withing two weeks if they don't hurt, that they can resume walking or running specially if mesh was used.

In brief: Personal
Dr. Rafael Lugo
Dr. Rafael Lugo
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery