At what age in the u.K. Are heart transplants no longer considered?

Dr. Mark Milunski
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: NICE
Consult the nice website.
It is the british national health system committee that rations healthcare in great britain.

In brief: NICE
Consult the nice website.
Dr. Mark Milunski
Dr. Mark Milunski
Dr. Ralph Layman
Surgery - Transplant
In brief: 55-60
I can't give you an exact answer as I am an abdominal organ transplant surgeon in the U.
S.. Traditionally though 55 was the upper limit for oht (othotopic heart transplant). There has been patients as old as 72 transplanted. Most modern data suggests that as patients get older than 65 the post-op complications are much more frequent and harder to get over.

In brief: 55-60
Dr. Ralph Layman
Dr. Ralph Layman
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology