If I have fatty liver disease do I need to go to the doctors often or do blood tests often?

Pathology
In brief: ... and ...
Throw away the alcohol and find a form of aerobic exercise that you enjoy.
Then check in with your physician! i'll bet you will both have a pleasant surprise.

In brief: ... and ...
Pathology
In brief: Weight & alcohol
Fatty liver may be part of general obesity and metabolic syndrome, or due to excessive alcohol intake.
You need to address the underlying cause of fatty liver. Blood tests may not show much abnormality in early disease. You could prevent further damage to the liver by taking preventive measures.

In brief: Weight & alcohol
Dr. Arnon Rubin