How do I know if I have pericoronitis?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: See a dentist

Pericoronitis occcurs when the gum tissue around the molar teeth, most often partially erupted wisdom teeth becomes swollen and sometimes infected.
The resulting flap of gum causes discomfort, especially if the opposing tooth touches it when eating. A dentist can determine the correct course of action-namely cleaning out the site, excision of the flap, antibiotics, or removal of the tooth.

In brief: See a dentist

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Nancy Mellow

In brief: Pericarditis?

Peridcarditis is an inflammation of the membranes around the heart.
Symptoms are usually chest pains, and your physician can often hear a unique sound, called a friction rub, through a stethoscope or see changes on an ekg. In an otherwise healthy person, it can be caused by a virus, as well as other more system-wide conditions.

In brief: Pericarditis?

Dr. Nancy Mellow
Dr. Nancy Mellow