I have severe pelvic pain should I go to the ER or the gyn dr?

DEFINITELY ! Pelvic pain is a common symptom of many conditions: endometriosis, interstitial cystitis, pelvic floor dysfunction and fibromyalgia to mention a few. You must choose a gynecologist that has special interest in this field since it can be frustrating to both patient and physician. A laparoscopic view of your pelvis (as in the picture) can help in the work up of this complaint .
Gyn. Avoid the er. It is for emergencies. Make an appointment with your gyn.
Endometriosis. Of the many conditions that could be causing your symptoms, endometriosis is not only likely by highly treatable. Removal of this tissue by laparoscopy may lead to prevention of infertility and improved quality of life. The picture shows red and dark endometriosis in the area of the left fallopian tube and ovary. See a gynecologist that specializes in pelvic pain and endometriosis.
Maybe ...but. The average pain with pelvic pain has 5 possible conditions causing it. You may have another condition causing pain such as endometriosis. It is estimated that endometriosis affects some 170 million women worldwide. A laparoscopic examination can rule out this very important condition. The picture shows dark endometriosis attached between the yellow fat and uterine ligaments in pink.
Pulling sensation. Pulling pain could be cause by adhesions or tissue that gets stuck by scarring . This may be from recent surgery. Old surgeries do not create new adhesions. Pelvic infections such as chlamydia, also endometriosis could be responsible. This picture shows small bowel loop adhered to the anterior pelvic wall. Consult with your gynecologist.

Related Questions

I have severe pelvic pain should I go to the ER or the lady dr?

Depends. If you also have a fever, go to the er. If there is no fever and the pain is tolerable, you'll get more experienced care (better) by going to a gynecologist who knows you. Read more...
See your OB/Gyn. Not an emergency (with rare exceptions). Make a scheduled appointment with your gynocologist. Read more...