I told my family members that I had hereditary hemochromatosis and what tests to have done, but they won't listen to me; they say that their own doctors tell them "not to worry". I am worried; what can I do?

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc

In brief: Lay out your labs

Sometimes what you say doesn't seem strong enough evidence to someone unlike visual proofs.
You may want to show them your bloodwork and even genetic testing results to give them a wake up call. Finally, you can only suggest, you cannot change them if they are not willing to.

In brief: Lay out your labs

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Bassam Amawi

In brief: U need to see U PCP

Usually u physician has u best interest in mind.

In brief: U need to see U PCP

Dr. Bassam Amawi
Dr. Bassam Amawi
Pathology

In brief: Listen up

Your life is on the line.
If you have hemochromatosis, and you refuse phlebotomy on the advice of ignorant people, you will pay with your life. If you have significantly elevated serum ferritin and have been shown to carry the gene or to have symptomatic iron overload, you'll feel much better and you won't die a miserable death from your illness in middle age.

In brief: Listen up

Your life is on the line.