Why would my doctor want an MRI of my abdomen--for gallbladder?

Dr. Michael Korona
Radiology - Interventional
In brief: MRCP
This looks at bile and pancreatic ducts.

In brief: MRCP
Dr. Michael Korona
Dr. Michael Korona
Dr. Robert Carroll
Nuclear Medicine
In brief: Look at liver
Mri is an excellent way to closely examine the gallbladder wall for the possible presence of polyps or other tissue growths.
Additionally, MRI allows close examination of the reaction of the liver to any disease process that is occurring within the gallbladder. The more your physician can learn in a minimally invasive way, the fewer the surprises if surgery is required.

In brief: Look at liver
Dr. Robert Carroll
Dr. Robert Carroll
Dr. Paul Slawek
Radiology
In brief: Many reasons
You say for "gallbladder" but do not specify what type of gb disease.
Gb can have cancer, ducts can be blocked, pancreatitis can present like gb disease. My want to r/o complications of gb disease. Chech out pancreas, inflammation, cancer in the common bile duct. R/o liver lesions?

In brief: Many reasons
Dr. Paul Slawek
Dr. Paul Slawek
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery