I have an arthritis question but no rheumatologist. Who do I ask?

Dr. Robert Purchase
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Orthopedic surgeon
An orthopedic surgeon would be qualified to answer questions on arthritis.
There are subtle differences between rheumatologists and orthopedists, but both are qualified to discuss arthritis. If there are no local orthopedists, it is likely that your primary care physician is also well qualified to discuss the common problem of arthritis. Your pcp can also refer you to the appropriate specialist

In brief: Orthopedic surgeon
Dr. Robert Purchase
Dr. Robert Purchase
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Health TAP
You should be able to get at least basic answers if not even more difficult ones answered by your primary physician.
Some orthopedics areable to answer questions regarding arthritis it just depends how in depth the question is. If not, we can try to help you on this website.

In brief: Health TAP
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine