I quit eating dairy as I am getting indigestion and stomach pains. How do I get calcium now?

Dr. Steven Cohen
Internal Medicine - Allergy

In brief: Suplimental

You should be able to take a form of calcium tablets without any problem. They are not of dairy origin.
Look for them at your pharmacy. Determine the daily requirement for you age and weight. Make sure that you do not have other complicating illness such as kidney disease so contact your doctor to be sure.

In brief: Suplimental

Dr. Steven Cohen
Dr. Steven Cohen
Dr. Gary Steven
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Two ways

If your symptoms are due to lactose intolerance, taking lact-aid or other forms of lactase with your meals will prevent these symptoms, and you can eat whatever you want.
Otherwise, you need to take a calcium supplement - often the cheapest way to do that is to take a calcium carbonate-based antacid.

In brief: Two ways

Dr. Gary Steven
Dr. Gary Steven
Dr. Marsha Davis