My eggs frozen so I can have a career and go for IVF later. Dont want problems. Will baby be perfect as one from fresh egg?

Dr. Serena Chen
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Probably
Egg freezing is relatively new.
Only about 5, 000 babies have been born from frozen eggs while it is estimated that about 5 million babies have been born from ivf using fresh eggs. At this point it appears that the birth defect and miscarriage rate from using frozen eggs is the same as ivf using fresh eggs. The risk of birth defects appears to be low but not zero.

In brief: Probably
Egg freezing is relatively new.
Dr. Serena Chen
Dr. Serena Chen
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Preventive Medicine
In brief: Maybe
This kind of postponement is now common.
It is, however, against the natural biology of birth and there is a greater risk, although that is not assesable.You can't have it both ways---- you accept the risk. As we move artificially from our biology, we increase risk.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Adam Levy