Gestational diabetes and the nutritionist gave a list of food ideas for breakfast lunch and dinner. What if I don't like them?

Count carb content. The major goal of gestational diabetes is to control the post-prandial (after-meal) sugar levels. The greatest predictor of the degree of post-prandial glucose rise is the person's carb intake at that meal. So if you don't like the nutritionist's suggestions, you may want to substitute other types of carb intake while maintaining the same total # of carbs. Ask them for other food possibilities.