Frozen shoulder pain or no pain?

Depends on phase. Frozen shoulders can be exceptionally painful, all the time, during the initial inflammatory phase. When in the frozen phase, pain usually occurs at the end range of motion. Once you start regaining your range of motion, pain begins to lessen fairly dramatically. Once you have approximately 85-90% motion, pain almost never as issue.
Pain. It will be painful at the start, but the more time that passes, the better it starts to feel. You may need medication and physical therapy.
Yes pain. Typically very painful and needs to be treated asap or symptoms can worsen. Also very important to discover the underlying cause.