I've had the iron profile tests, read them myself and they were within the normal range; do I need to be retested ever again and/or have the DNA genetic test, especially since I feel fine?

Dr. Kelty Baker
Internal Medicine - Hematology
In brief: Hemochromatosis?
I presume you are asking whether or not you need to be screened again for hemochromatosis.
Your profile says that you are only 22 years old. It can sometimes take until someone is in their forties until significant iron overload occurs if they are a man, and until their fifties if a woman. If you are worried about hemochromatosis, i would be checked every ten years or so.

In brief: Hemochromatosis?
Dr. Kelty Baker
Dr. Kelty Baker
Dr. Indu Lal
Depending on your health status once or every other year. I think genetic testing is needed if there is a family hx of some thing.

Dr. Indu Lal
Dr. Indu Lal
Dr. Cindy Juster