i had the blood tests for iron overload and my doctor says I am "fine"; do I need to worry about it now?

Dr. Albert Pizzo
In brief: Iron
No you don't have to worry about that now.
How about all the rest of you, what was your doctors opinion?

In brief: Iron
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Morton Levitt
Pathology
In brief: Iron Overload
It depends on what prompted the investigation for iron overload - if you have the gene for hereditary hemochromatosis, you are at risk.
If, on the other hand, you were taking excess iron supplements or had to have multiple blood transfusions, your iron stores will stabilize if you decrease your iron intake or transfusion frequency, if your doctor agrees it is safe to do so.

In brief: Iron Overload
Dr. Morton Levitt
Dr. Morton Levitt
Dr. William Forsythe