South Africa tip. Do kids need vaccination?

Dr. Jenny Sung
In brief: CDC travel
Aside from routine childhood immunization, check your travel destination at the cdc traveler's health site for specifice recommendations.
www.cdc.gov/travel.

In brief: CDC travel
www.cdc.gov/travel.
Dr. Jenny Sung
Dr. Jenny Sung
Dr. Michael Oehley
General Practice
In brief: Yes they do
As per CDC guidelines it is recommended that your children have all their routine childhood vaccinations AND have at least hepatitis A and typhoid vaccinations prior to travel to S Africa.
I would also recommend you consider vaccination against rabies, as it is prevalent in dogs, monkeys and other biting mammals. This disease is 100% fatal when contracted, and is vaccine preventable. See your doc!

In brief: Yes they do
Dr. Michael Oehley
Dr. Michael Oehley
Dr. Cindy Juster