I've got in my head that I have colon cancer, but GI says he doesn't feel lump I feel in rectaum?

Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Get another opinion

If you are not satisfied with one doctor's opinion, you are entitled to get a second opinion.

In brief: Get another opinion

Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Dr. Carlo Contreras
A lump in the rectum would only tell you if you have rectal cancer. Colonoscopy or flexible sigmoidoscopy are more definitive tests to evaluate the whole colon. Talk with your doctor to see if you qualify.
Pathology

In brief: Colonoscopy

Colon is over a yard long and cancer can develop anywhere along the line.
Lack of lump in rectum does not exclude colon cancer. You may wish to discuss, getting a colonoscopy, with your doctor.

In brief: Colonoscopy

In brief: Need endoscopy

March is colorectal cancer awareness month, early stages colon cancer is curable.
If you think you feel lump in the rectum, you should have good examination, stool for presence blood &its products, endoscopy. Stromal cell tumors are in the wall of rectum, need endsonogram. If you are a female, rectocele may feel like a lump to you. Ask your doctor to give you better explanation.

In brief: Need endoscopy

Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Peter Kurzweil