Is polymyxin b sulfate and trimethoprim ophthalmic solution USP used for styes?

Not usually. Antibiotics are generally ineffective for treatment of stye or chalazion, which are caused by blockage of oil ducts, not by infection. The best treatment for stye is warm compresses and lid scrubs with baby shampoo to unblock the oil gland and allow it to drain.
Probably won't work. It can be used, however it is unlikely that an eye md would prescribe this for stye because it has no anti-inflammatory in it. You need to see an eye md.