Can i kick bx after knee replacement sugery?

Dr. Frederick Buechel, jr. md
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: You can but

I have patients that do but you increase the risk of injury with this type of activity.
These higher level activities can cause ligament injury or loosening of the bone cement interfaces.

In brief: You can but

Dr. Frederick Buechel, jr. md
Dr. Frederick Buechel, jr. md
Dr. Andrew DeGruccio
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Not recommended

Knee replacements at a young age need to be protected for longevity.
The mechanism for long term failure of tkrs is usually catastrophic failure or infection. Kick boxing places the knee in a situation risking catastrophic failure from fracture. Not worth the risk. Limiting these risks may afford your tkr 30 plus years of pain free function.

In brief: Not recommended

Dr. Andrew DeGruccio
Dr. Andrew DeGruccio
Dr. Frederick Buechel, jr. md
I agree but many people do highly active sports with joint replacements. You take on your own risk of creating a complication when you push the limits if your implants.