I just had a reconstructive rhinoplasty could smoking cause any damage?

Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
Without a doubt, smoking is known to compromise wound healing due to carbon monoxide and nicotine's adverse effects on the healing process.
Furthermore smoking prior to surgery will cause deleterious effects as well.

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Renee Burke
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Tobacco complication
Smoking can cause damage to any patient after surgery, including those undergoing reconstructive rhinoplasty.
Nicotine constricts the blood vessels making the body less able to deliver well-oxygenated blood to healing tissues.

In brief: Tobacco complication
Dr. Renee Burke
Dr. Renee Burke
Dr. Babak Azizzadeh
Facial Plastic Surgery
In brief: Possibly.
http://www.facialplastics.
info/rhinoplasty-revision.html given the negative effects that smoking has on the body, it's possible that it will affect your recovery. Because smoking impairs circulation, the healing process can be slowed due to inadequate oxygen in the blood. I tell my patients to avoid smoking and all nicotine products for 2 weeks before and after their surgery.

In brief: Possibly.
http://www.facialplastics.
Dr. Babak Azizzadeh
Dr. Babak Azizzadeh
Dr. Brock Ridenour
Surgery - Plastics
Smoking impairs the microcirculation (small blood vessels) starving the healing tissues of oxygen and dries the nasal lining.
It is particularly harmful in the first few weeks after nasal surgery.

Dr. Brock Ridenour
Dr. Brock Ridenour
Dr. David Sherris
Facial Plastic Surgery
Smoking adversely effects healing and should be avoided for at least 3-4 weeks after surgery.

Dr. David Sherris
Dr. David Sherris
Dr. Robert Alexander
Surgery - Plastics
Smoking is not advised at any time, but is an irritant that is not needed post-surgery.
It causes inflammation and prolongs swelling, as well as literally slowing the wound healing processes. Nicotine is not good for the nose or you.

Dr. Robert Alexander
Dr. Robert Alexander
Dr. Adam Smith