I just had a reconstructive rhinoplasty could smoking cause any damage?

Yes. Without a doubt, smoking is known to compromise wound healing due to carbon monoxide and nicotine's adverse effects on the healing process. Furthermore smoking prior to surgery will cause deleterious effects as well.
Tobacco complication. Smoking can cause damage to any patient after surgery, including those undergoing reconstructive rhinoplasty. Nicotine constricts the blood vessels making the body less able to deliver well-oxygenated blood to healing tissues.
Possibly. http://www.facialplastics.info/rhinoplasty-revision.html given the negative effects that smoking has on the body, it's possible that it will affect your recovery. Because smoking impairs circulation, the healing process can be slowed due to inadequate oxygen in the blood. I tell my patients to avoid smoking and all nicotine products for 2 weeks before and after their surgery.
Yes. Smoking impairs the microcirculation (small blood vessels) starving the healing tissues of oxygen and dries the nasal lining. It is particularly harmful in the first few weeks after nasal surgery.
Yes. Smoking adversely effects healing and should be avoided for at least 3-4 weeks after surgery.
Yes. Smoking is not advised at any time, but is an irritant that is not needed post-surgery. It causes inflammation and prolongs swelling, as well as literally slowing the wound healing processes. Nicotine is not good for the nose or you.