How can you have ovarian cancer if your uterus and ovaries have been removed?

Primary peritoneal . There is a disease which looks like ovarian cancer under the microscope; is treated like ovarian cancer and has the same type of symptoms. It is called primary peritoneal carcinoma. Removal of the ovaries does not decrease the risk of having this disease.
Not likely. In most women that have a total hysterectomy there is no ovarian tissue left, so the risk of ovarian cancer is very very low. However, some women who have a hysterectomy prior to going through menopause have an ovary left to help support hormone function. These women still have a risk of developing ovarian cancer.