What are the chances of dying from hodgkins lymphoma?

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology
In brief: Low
Hodgkin's lymphoma is treatable and curable disease in majority cases.
With the treatment that we have for hodgkin's lymphoma , if treated appropriately, the risk for dying from hodgkin's lymphoma is low- approximately about 1 in 400 will have hodgkin's lymphoma 1:2000 will die from it. Off course, the prognosis will depend on the stage, and biology of the cancer as well as overall condition of pt.

In brief: Low
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Steven Ginsberg
In brief: Depends on stage
I think the data referred to actually state that developing hodgkin lymphoma (hl) over one's lifetime is 1:2000, and that 1:5 people with hl will die of it.
Assuming you have hl, your chance of dying of it depends upon the stage of disease. Overall, about 20% of patients diagnosed with hl will die of this.

In brief: Depends on stage
Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Dr. Liawaty Ho
I agree.
Dr. Marsha Davis