Acne scars please help suggest inexpensive peel?

Dr. Kristina Tansavatdi
Cosmetic Surgery
In brief: Medium depth peel
You need a dedicated and well-respected aesthetician to help you with this.
I would not try something over-the-counter to save money. It also depends on how deep and extensive the scars are and if your acne is still active. Make sure you have a good skin regimen and acne is under control before pursuing peels. I would recommend tca or glycolic acid peels but find an experienced aesthetician.

In brief: Medium depth peel
Dr. Kristina Tansavatdi
Dr. Kristina Tansavatdi
Dr. Mike Bowman
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: For best results...
Go have a consultation with your local facial plastic surgeon.
Depending on the severity and depth of your acne scarring you may or may not get the results you need from a peel. I would recommending getting at least a couple of recommendations and then saving up for the full treatment regimen. Trying to save money will likely mean you will wind up with an empty checkbook and persistent scars.

In brief: For best results...
Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Suman Das
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Don't work
Acne scar does not respose to over the counter peel.
Treatment will depend on depth and severity of the scar.In my opinion over the counter or so called cheap peel is waste of money.

In brief: Don't work
Dr. Suman Das
Dr. Suman Das
Dr. Robert Alexander
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Mechanical abrasion
Mechanical dermabrasion (not micro-) is most effective means of smoothing skin scarred by acne.
Chemicals tend to be less effective due to following the scar contours rather than 'planing' the surface to even out the edges. Cost is about the same, and not typically too expensive. See your physician, who can better advise due to varying types and extent of scarring.

In brief: Mechanical abrasion
Dr. Robert Alexander
Dr. Robert Alexander
Dr. Peter Kurzweil