Can klonopin (clonazepam) cause restless legs?

Not likely. In fact, Klonopin (clonazepam) is one of the medications used to treat rls.
Not exactly. Benzodiazepines, including klonopin, (clonazepam) actually can be used in the treatment of rls, although for the reasons below, they are not preferred agents. If an individual becomes physically dependent on Clonazepam or any other benzo, however, the withdrawal, if it is stopped or reduced sharply, may cause symptoms that are indistinguishable from restless leg syndrome.
Probably not. As drs. Uhrich and wartenberg have said, Klonopin (clonazepam) is often used to treat RLS but, like any treatment, it might not work. So if you have rls, are being treated with klonopin, (clonazepam) and you aren't getting better, it isn't that the Klonopin (clonazepam) is causing the trouble, it just isn't making it better and a different treatment needs to be tried.