How can I get rid of or at least lessen my psoriasis?

Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Sun, medications

Sunshine helps but you have to be cautious because of risk of skin cancer.
There are a variety of topical medications, topical corticosterids, vitamin d, local compounds that can help. There medications like methotrexate, biologics that are injected like etanercecept, adalimumab, golimumab and infused like Infliximab that can be used. You need a carefully screen for safety with these.

In brief: Sun, medications

Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. Carly Soda
Dermatology

In brief: Steriods

Usually we start with some type of steriod.
Depending on the body location we pick a strength most of the time a strong potency steriod is needed. This steriod is then used for a length of time til the psoriasis lessens.

In brief: Steriods

Dr. Carly Soda
Dr. Carly Soda