Is there a test that is comparable to the nuclear cardiac stress test?

Depends. It depends what your doctor is looking for. Ultrasound, cardiac ct and MRI may be able to show how strong your heart is beating (ejection fraction) and if there is any wall motion abnormalities. Cardiac ct and MRI can even look at the vessels, which nuclear scans cannot. However, nuclear cardiac scans are considered the standard of care for looking at how well the blood perfuses the heart tissue.
Exercise EKG Test. Stress test using the persons own ekg is the better, more sensitive & accurate, choice for all individuals I have seen over the last 30 years when both done on same person. Nuclear promoted as more “high-tech” & sensitive, but also expensive (higher doc income) & inferior; all I have seen. However, none of these detect anything without very advanced disease. Thus do not recommend; better options.