Should my mom take us-guided fine needle biopsy for detection of a possible suspected gallbladder cancer?

Dr. Jason Hemming
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
In brief: Ask ?
I would always follow the advice of your doctors.
But you may want to ask if their suspicion is high enough to just warrant a cholecystectomy.

In brief: Ask ?
Dr. Jason Hemming
Dr. Jason Hemming
Pathology
In brief: Follow MD's advice
There in insufficient information to provide an informed opinion.
Please follow the advice of your doctor who knows your mom better.

In brief: Follow MD's advice
Dr. Andrew Gentry
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
In brief: Depends
If it is a needle biopsy of the gall bladder itself than most providers just take out the gall bladder vice just a needle biopsy of course every person has individual issues that complicate a blanket statement.
If the biopsy is an area outside the gall bladder like a lymph node of liver then it is a good idea.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Andrew Gentry
Dr. Andrew Gentry
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology
In brief: YES
No meat no treat.
If there is no tissue biopsy done to establish/confirm the diagnosis, it will difficult to start anybody of treatment like chemotherapy. Other option if possible is to remove the gallbladder. Discuss with your surgical oncologist /oncologist the best way to do.

In brief: YES
No meat no treat.
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Adam Smith