Is it necessary to declaw cats after some one has lung transplant?

Dr. Stephen Cheng
Surgery - Transplant
In brief: No.
Patients on chronic immunosuppression therapy after solid organ transplant are always at elevated risk for contracting opportunistic infections, so it's important to always be vigilant.
It would be wise to stay away from eating raw oysters and salad that hasn't been home prepared. Would also recommend staying away from cat litters, but declawing the cats is a bit much.

In brief: No.
Dr. Stephen Cheng
Dr. Stephen Cheng
In brief: Perhaps
The question is very subjective.
If the animal has sharp claws and can easily scratch the transplant recipient, that can be a problem. I would not think it mandatory for all cats to be declawed.

In brief: Perhaps
The question is very subjective.
Dr. Stuart Flechner
Dr. Stuart Flechner
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology