I've heard that your metabolism starts to diminish over time. What types of food should I eat and and exercises to maintain a strong metabolism?

In brief: High Quality

Avoid processed, packaged, and restaurant food most of the time.
Lots of veggies, very light on fatty foods and especially red meat. As for exercise; some exercise is slightly better for you in terms of weight loss, injury, etc. But my advice is do the exercise you enjoy, because doing it often if the key!

In brief: High Quality

Dr. Scott Welker
Dr. Scott Welker
Dr. William Nall
Sports Medicine

In brief: Peak 8/Sprint 8

Google peak 8 or sprint 8.
This is an exercise program that will help release hgh if you do it correctly and do not consume carbohydrates for 2 hours post exercise. Great way to boost metabolism.

In brief: Peak 8/Sprint 8

Google peak 8 or sprint 8.
Dr. William Nall
Dr. William Nall
Dr. Alvin Lin
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Exercise is key

Exercise, not nutrition, is key to maintaining your metabolism. With that said, you can overwhelm an active metabolism by eating junk food.
You already know basics: plenty of fruits & veggies, lean proteins, healthy fats & oils, etc. Avoid processed & fast foods. Check out mediterranean diet - it's got plenty of evidence supporting long-term benefit. And keep exercising! strength/aerobic/stretchin.

In brief: Exercise is key

Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine