How do I know whether I have primary or secondary raynaud’s?

In brief: Secondary has cause

When a patient has raynaud's phenomenon (vasospasm leading to poor circulation in the fingers and toes), his doctors will look for the common causes such as autoimmune disorders, drug side effects, hormonal imbalances, etc.
.. If no medical condition is found that is causing the symptoms, then the disorder is called "primary". If a condition is found, then the disorder is "secondary".

In brief: Secondary has cause

Dr. Kevin Nolan
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Prim or Sec Raynauds

Have your doctor send you to a board certified vascular surgeon who can provide a number of tests to determine whether you have raynaud's and if it is primary or secondary.

In brief: Prim or Sec Raynauds

Dr. Kevin Nolan
Dr. Kevin Nolan
Dr. Adam Smith