How do I know whether I have primary or secondary raynaud’s?

In brief: Secondary has cause
When a patient has raynaud's phenomenon (vasospasm leading to poor circulation in the fingers and toes), his doctors will look for the common causes such as autoimmune disorders, drug side effects, hormonal imbalances, etc.
.. If no medical condition is found that is causing the symptoms, then the disorder is called "primary". If a condition is found, then the disorder is "secondary".

In brief: Secondary has cause
Dr. Kevin Nolan
Surgery - Vascular
In brief: Prim or Sec Raynauds
Have your doctor send you to a board certified vascular surgeon who can provide a number of tests to determine whether you have raynaud's and if it is primary or secondary.

In brief: Prim or Sec Raynauds
Dr. Kevin Nolan
Dr. Kevin Nolan
Dr. Arnon Rubin