I get angina symptoms but the doctors say that my heart is fine. Small vessel disease showed up in stress test, CTA, x-ray, echo and EKG. I have 10 lesions in my brain and theyre trying to rule out MS but would they miss SVD in MRI?

Dr. Shahin Tavackoli
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: No, if done correct

Both stress test with radiotracer (nuclear stress test) and cardiac MRI with contrast can have findings that correlate with small vessel disease.
If a nuclear stress test is definitely positive, the CTA negative and the person has typical anginal symptoms; they more likely have small vessel disease than anything else. Chest pain on a treadmill remains the most reliable indicator for true angina.

In brief: No, if done correct

Dr. Shahin Tavackoli
Dr. Shahin Tavackoli
Dr. Umesh Patel
Dysautonomia Syndrome causes many different symptoms alleviated by avoidance of stimulants, ensuring hydration, using magnesium, omega fish oils (www.cardiamin.com, use code: CMC), ultra-low dose beta blockers e.g. propranolol 5 to 10mg two to three times daily and SSRIs e.g. citalopram 5 to 10mg daily. Read Dr. Ronald Hoffman’s book (www.Amazon.com) and visit www.dysautonomiainternational.org
Dr. Rama Garimella
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: No

Small vessel disease typically not seen with any of the above tests.
Sometimes we can see in angiogram. Sometimes it is more of a clinical diagnosis.

In brief: No

Dr. Rama Garimella
Dr. Rama Garimella
Dr. Tracy Lovell
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: See below

Consider being checked for antiphospholipid antibody syndrome which is a clotting disorder which could explain some of your symptoms.
If you have had blood clots or miscarriages in the past, you definitely need to be checked.

In brief: See below

Dr. Tracy Lovell
Dr. Tracy Lovell
Dr. Mark Rasak
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Depends

The brain i assume was evaluated with the cta and MRI with contrast.
The heart with a stress test . Not sure from your question if a cta was done of the heart. If your having on going chest pain but tests look ok , then arterial spasm , small vessel dz, non cardiac sources should be ruled out. Can't really tell what tests were done for your heart vs brain. ? What type of stress was done etc.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Mark Rasak
Dr. Mark Rasak
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine