What do I do if my baby hates one of my breasts?

Dr. Sky Pittson
In brief: Ask for support
There are dozens of reasons why the interaction between baby and breast can be uniquely challenging, depending on the very unique differences between each baby and each breast.
Get help from your pediatrician and/or a lactation consultant. You may need to try a new position or hold, or you may just need a different "strategy" for that unappreciated breast, but don't struggle alone.

In brief: Ask for support
Dr. Sky Pittson
Dr. Sky Pittson
Dr. Marcus Degraw
In brief: Keep trying
Keeping trying but dont worry if things dont work out great.
Plenty of babies have a favorite breast to feed off of, its actually not that uncommon. Most mom's with this problem will be able to accomodate a sufficient amount of milk no matter what, and their bodies will usually do that without having to walk around lopsided. Some moms do have to pump the unused side however to take the pressure.

In brief: Keep trying
Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Jonathan Jassey