Should I take a joint supplement to help my knee arthritis pain?

Possibly. Most joint supplements are otc and are supplements and are not required by the fda to supply any data regarding efficacy. I would recommend speaking with your physician or orthopedic doctor and show them what you are planning to take. Also, if not already done consider an evaluation by an orthopedic doctor to see if alternatives are available.
Yes-worth a try. Several medical studies have validated the use of oral glucosamine/chondroitin sulfate for the amelioration of inflammatory osteo- arthritis of the knee.Depending on the severity of the underlying disease the results may vary. Professional supervision of the results of your treatment is advised.
Might help. Supplements, such as chondritin, have had mix results in treating arthitis, especially traumatic arthritis as you most likely have with a hx of surgery at such a young age. I believe knee flexor and extensor strengthening would do you much more benefit and is proven to help. That being said, supplements like chondritin do seem to help some people and they are not bad for you, worth a shot!