My 30 yr old wife has colon cancer and has sisters, do they need to begin any screening procedures given there's no history for colon cancer in family?

Dr. William A Biermann
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Yes, but

This is an early age group for colon cancer and further genetic tests may be indicated for your wife.
Her sisters should discuss he situation with their physicians.

In brief: Yes, but

Dr. John Rowlett
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Absolutely!!!!!

All should be screened.
..Typically recommend screening all first degree relatives at age 10 years less than the age of diagnosis in the family member, but with this being in such a young person, i would recommend everyone (even if less than 20) be seen.

In brief: Absolutely!!!!!

All should be screened.
Dr. Raymundo Romero
Colon cancer is rare in this age group, but it happens. In addition to screening I recommend genetic testing in this scenario. The test is offered by Myriad Genetics, it‘s called COLARIS.
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery