Can CT scan tell difference between mild diffuse fatty infiltration of liver vs cirrhosis?

Yes. I am guessing you've been diagnosed with nonalcoholic fatty liver after having raised liver enzymes and proving not to have hepatitis b or c, autoimmune hepatitis, wilson's (don't miss that one) or hemochromatosis. This sometimes progresses but usually doesn't; if it were my liver, i'd adopt a radical fitness-focused aerobic kind of lifestyle in addition to possible rx & diet.
Sometimes. Cirrhosis DX based on symptoms, physical exam, and history of risk factors such as alcoholism. Obesity is now most common cause for fatty liver. Fatty infiltration can cause enlargement of liver.Cirrhosis usually causes hardening with scarring and reduction in liver size. Ct exam can sometimes detect fatty infiltration by reduced density of liver in some cases. Most accurate DX is biopsy of liver.