I had gastric bypass surgery about 5 years ago, how many calories should I eat a day?

Dr. Joseph Kuhn
Bariatrics
In brief: 8-9 calories per lb
We have been doing indirect calorimetey on postop bariatric patients.
We are finding a total metabolism of about 8-9 calories per pound. So, if you are now 200 lb, them you would ear about 1700 cal per day to maintain your weight. If you wanted to lose wt, then you can eat 1200-1400 cal per day. Eating 400 fewer cal per day would allow you to lose 1 pound in 9 days (3500 cal for 1 lb).

In brief: 8-9 calories per lb
Dr. Joseph Kuhn
Dr. Joseph Kuhn
In brief: Depends
You have gastric by pass 5 years ago, what is your current bmi , did you reach ideal weight, is your bmi is 30 or close to it.
. You surgical team always work with excellent nutrition expert , they will asses you and priscribe your diet , just like medications.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology