I had gastric bypass surgery about 5 years ago, how many calories should I eat a day?

8-9 calories per lb. We have been doing indirect calorimetey on postop bariatric patients. We are finding a total metabolism of about 8-9 calories per pound. So, if you are now 200 lb, them you would ear about 1700 cal per day to maintain your weight. If you wanted to lose wt, then you can eat 1200-1400 cal per day. Eating 400 fewer cal per day would allow you to lose 1 pound in 9 days (3500 cal for 1 lb).
Depends. You have gastric by pass 5 years ago, what is your current bmi , did you reach ideal weight, is your bmi is 30 or close to it.. You surgical team always work with excellent nutrition expert , they will asses you and priscribe your diet , just like medications.