What would happen if I take prenatal pills, birth control pills & iron pills at the same time?

Dr. Nicole Bullock

In brief: Most likely, nothing

Prenatal vitamins are a really good multivitamin for any adult to take.
They often have some iron included, so i would only take the extra iron supplements if you know you are anemic. Taking birth control is hormonal control to prevent pregnancy. It is safe to take both prenatal vitamins and birth control together.

In brief: Most likely, nothing

Dr. Nicole Bullock
Dr. Nicole Bullock
Dr. David Finke

In brief: Too much iron

I would talk to your doctor about how much iron supplementation is safe for you specifically.
You can take too much iron and it is found in most prenatal vitamins and in some birth control pills.

In brief: Too much iron

Dr. David Finke
Dr. David Finke
Dr. Jane Van Dis