Should I replace dental bonding with veneers?

Dr. Jake Richards
Dentistry

In brief: Maybe

If you don't like the bonding or it has been chipping easily you may go with veneers.
They are pocelain and tend to be more esthetic. If you like what you have and it is not decaying under the bonding it is your call, you may even elect to just have the bonding done again.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Jake Richards
Dr. Jake Richards
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: You should

Bonding composite veneers can be a wonderful procedure, but only for a short period of time due to color instability.
In general, porcelain veneers look much better than composite bonding, much durable, color stable and the results are predictable. You will be very happy with your new smile.

In brief: You should

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Kevin Owoc
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: Depends

The issue here is really two-fold: 1) what are your esthetic demands and 2) what are you able to invest financially? If you want the highest esthetics and beauty, it is much more predictable to do so using porcelain veneers over tooth filling material.
However, you should expect the investment into porcelain veneers to be considerably higher and take more time. If this is a problem, don't.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Kevin Owoc
Dr. Kevin Owoc
Dr. Robert Tupac
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: Maybe

If the bonding is done with composite (a less permanent material than porcelain) and the bonding covers most of the tooth.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Robert Tupac
Dr. Robert Tupac
Dr. J BARRY Stovall
General Practice

Porcelain veneers are a much better permanent solution to esthetic issues.
They are stronger , stain resistant and most patients are extremely excited with the results.

Dr. J BARRY Stovall
Dr. J BARRY Stovall

In brief: Depends on reason

You were not specific as to why you want to replace your dental bonding, but if your front teeth in the esthetic zone have multiple bonded fillings and/or repairs, dental veneers made custom for you could be a wise choice for a wonderful smile makeover. If you bonding was done originally for extensive repairs, than possibly full coverage or crowns might be more appropriate.
Ask your dentist's help

In brief: Depends on reason

Ask your dentist's help
Dr. I. Jay Freedman
Dr. I. Jay Freedman
Dr. Matthew Hyde
Dentistry

In brief: Possibly

It depends on various factors, (how long and how well did the bonding last before needing replacement, is there decay around the bonding, or are you trying to make a better cosmetic result than the bonding was able to achieve?.
I would advise a consultation with a cosmetic dentist with a strong periodontal background to help in your decisions.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Matthew Hyde
Dr. Matthew Hyde
Dr. Jay Kansal
Dentistry

In brief: Maybe

This is a complicated answer, it really depends on if the bonding is breaking or discoloring, or you are not happy with the aesthetics (looks).
If you are not breaking the bonding and the other factors dont come into play, than there is no real reason to replace them.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Jay Kansal
Dr. Jay Kansal
Dr. Mark Venincasa
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: It depends...

This depends on your desires, the condition of your teeth and bonding, and the particulars of your situation.
I would seek the services of a well-respected dentist with nice online reviews. A trusted friend may have a wonderful dentist. Good luck with your decision process!

In brief: It depends...

Dr. Mark Venincasa
Dr. Mark Venincasa
Dr. Adam Smith