Why is my thigh burning after a balloon angioplasty with stenting?

Pain after. Arterial access. May form a bruise. If focal swelling at your groin get checked by the doctor who did the procedure. Should go away in a few days otherwise.
Pain after plasty. Nerves within the artery wall can result in a certain degree of pain after being "crushed or stretched" open by the angioplasty balloon. If the treated artery was in the thigh, the symptoms may be there afterwords. These symptoms tend to improve everyday and usually resolve completely.