Wrist sprain pain reocurring?

? ligament tear. A sprain by definition is a ligamentous injury. If you have sustained a ligament tear this could result in instability of the wrist and recurrent pain. You may require further diagnostic studies such as an mri/ arthrogram to establish a definitive diagnosis.
Sports med opinion. See a sports med doctor to examine your wrist and make treatment recommendations. If the pain is not getting better, they will image depending on your physical exam to rule our bone bruise or cartilage tear. Other possibilities include nerve compression or instability. An occupational therapist may be able to fit you with a splint or give exercises to help.