I really need to know if i'm allergic to sulfa drugs so I can use a prescription facial cleanser with sulphur?

Dr. Andrew Murphy
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: See your Doctor

If one suspects a drug allergy then see pcp or allergists to review the drug in question and the reaction that occurred.
If the clinical history suggests a potential drug allergy then skin testing may be performed to conform this. Occasionally, an oral challenge may be done as well.

In brief: See your Doctor

Dr. Andrew Murphy
Dr. Andrew Murphy
Dr. David Menchell
Typically, someone who has an allergy to "sulfa" drugs is reacting to the sulfonamide structure, not elemental sulfur. You probably can tolerate the facial cleanser if this is the case. You can discuss this with your physician to determine what the nature of your allergy is and whether iti is likely the cleanser would be a problem.