If hbp and heart disease runs in my family, should I continue to feed my 4 year old daughter, who's in the fifth percentile for weight, whole milk?

In brief: HTN and heart dz

If you have routine well child care with your pediatrician, you are probably not in any danger for your family hx of high blood pressure (HTN) and heart disease.
Make sure an accurate blood pressure is taken for your kid. 3 separate readings of elevated BP is needed to make the diagnosis. Tell your pediatricain if you have a hx coronary artery disease/high cholesterol. If not, whole milk is ok.

In brief: HTN and heart dz

Dr. Michael H. T. Sia
Dr. Michael H. T. Sia
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology