I am 18 years old and I have a very rapid heart rate and I know that it it anxiety. Should I be concerned and go see someone?

Dr. Barbara A Majeroni

You also might try cutting out caffeinated beverages, and getting regular exercise.

Dr. Barbara A Majeroni
Dr. Barbara A Majeroni
Dr. Joseph Boland
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Structured CBT

Look for a psychologist who provides structured cbt or cognitive behavioral therapy.
This approach teaches you how to better understand and control your anxiety. It is so much teaching, I have my patients audiotape the sessions and take notes when they listen to the sessions again at home. Homework assignments are critical for the development of emotional control skills.

In brief: Structured CBT

Dr. Joseph Boland
Dr. Joseph Boland
Dr. Eric Weisman