I had a miscarriage and d&c.When can I expect periods?When can I try having a baby again?

Dr. David Finke
In brief: 4-6 wk before period
You can expect your period to return anywhere from 4-6 weeks after the miscarriage and/or d&c.
I typically tell patients for early first trimester miscarriage followed by d&c, they can try to conceive after their next period.

In brief: 4-6 wk before period
Dr. David Finke
Dr. David Finke
Dr. Wesley Grootwassink
In brief: 7-8 weeks
It usually takes about 3 weeks for the beta HCG (marker of pregnancy) to return to zero.
After that your body will resume ovulating. Your preiods should retun in 7-8 weeks. I usually reccomend that my patient have 1 normal period before trying to get pregnant, thiis really helps figuring out how far along the pregnancy is, since there is some variation in the retun of ovulation.

In brief: 7-8 weeks
Dr. Wesley Grootwassink
Dr. Wesley Grootwassink
Dr. Jane Van Dis