Muscle loss after arthroscopic knee surgery?

Very common. Quad muscle atrophy after knee surgery is very common and often overlooked as a continuing source of problems. Several months of routine thigh strengthening exercises are needed post-op to return to 100%.
Atrophy. Common but potentially prevented or at least lessened by low impact exercises as soon as you doctor allows. The more invasive the procedure, the more common the atrophy. Simple scopes for meniscus tears do not always lead to atrophy while more involved procedures for ligament reconstruction do.