Is orthotics for flat feet a bad idea?

Great Idea. Treating flat feet with orthotics prevents many future problems as well as letting your muscles function more efficiently.
Feet are like. A house. Each has a foundation and if the foundation is off to a house, doors stick, craks in walls etc. Feet are foundation for your body and orthotics are one of the best ways to realign the body.
May or may not work. Shoe inserts or orthotics may be helpful as a short-term solution, preventing injuries in some athletes. But it is not clear how to make inserts that work. The idea that they are supposed to correct mechanical-alignment problems does not hold up.
Orthotics. They are a good idea. Those that think they are not are usually not well informed about them or would just rather cure with steel . See your podiatrist with confidence.