Can a 430lbs men go on a 1000 calorie diet by having 2 meal replacements and a very low calorie dinner all this with type 2 diabetes?

Dr. Quang Nguyen
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
In brief: Possible
I recommend you do this under the supervision of your physician to monitor your electrolytes and adjust your diabetes medications as you start losing weight.
Remember the best diet is one you can maintain for life so unless there is a medical reason to do something this drastic, i think you should talk to your doctor and come up with a sustainable plan. Good luck to you.

In brief: Possible
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Tedde Rinker
Should help help maintain levels of essential vits and minerals. When near goal ease in to a maintainence plan Weighing 430Lbs is a serious problem right there and is probably causes several more serious medical problem. If you can maintain a 1000 cal diet the weight will come off faster wh/ might be a great reinforcer to keep going. I agree though that a doc or nutritionist
Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics
And i applaude your ambition to start such a strict regimen.
Just make sure that you are getting proper nutrition by reading the food labels and supplement with multivitamins as needed. Also remember to drink at least 10 glasses of water daily as fat breakdown requires a large amount of hydration. Do not use artificial sweetners as they may increase your appetite.

Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Dr. Arnon Rubin