What is the new cardiac valvular form of eds?

Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Not

There are 7 forms of ehlers-danlos syndrome.
None specifically affect valves. Type IV which is very rare causes fragile blood vessels which can rupture. Type iii is the commonest form and causes hypermobile joints ("double jointedness") and it is benign. My research revealed no "new valvular" form of eds.

In brief: Not

Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Yu Sun
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Rare Autosomal Reces

A recessively inherited form of eds characterized by the changes of classic eds results from failure to synthesize pro 2 chains of type i procollagen.
In addition to the usual skin and joint involvement, individuals with this form of eds appear to be at increased risk for cardiac valvular dysfunction.

In brief: Rare Autosomal Reces

Dr. Yu Sun
Dr. Yu Sun
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology